H E L P

H E L P

Friday 26 March 2010

Garden Deity, and a night in the big city.

The big city was buzzing last night.
Lots of people on the streets, and in the cafes.

But it is good to wake up in the quiet.
The air was washed clean at daybreak.
The sky is as crisp as my brain.

I've been out in the vegetable garden this morning.
Girl farmers should not wear perfume.
Especially during bee season.

I have found another deity to help in the garden. Bless.
We’ve had Jesus, er, Judas, and now we have Mohammed, with a little JeanClaude oui-oui
for added confusion.
Mohammad brought 2 beautiful cypress trees back to life.
The trees looked like “Sideshow Bob”.
Branches broke, so Mohammed came to the hill, not quite a mountain, and healed 2 trees.

About a week ago Mohammed was here trimming. We had accumulated a BIG pile of clippings, branches, jardin debris. Mo' suggests making a bon fire. Pete had done it in the past, and it was fine. Get the place cleared up.
He catches it on fire, and it infernos for 15 minutes and then settles into a steady burn.
A few hours pass and Mo' leaves the mountain. The fire still rages (ok , that’s an exaggeration).
I’m supposed to go out for dinner. I call and cancel, afraid to leave the fire burning in the dark, unattended, wind coming up.
So, some hours pass, and it is still burning. I go out and spread the ashes around, another hour passes.
Still burning....bright.
I have on my jammies, a chenille robe (fire haZard), ready for bed.
Fire still burning...OK, time for water.
Turn on the tap and the water starts coming, try to turn it off and the tap just turns and turns, and keeps turning, water coming out of the tap at a thousand miles an hour. I’m soaked....

What to do? Chicken Little, the sky is falling.
The plumber talks me through finding the h2o cut-off valve, which is in a spider infested hole in the ground. OK, water off.
Fire still burning and wind coming up.....all elements present and accounted for.
70's band joke?

I finally got to bed, only to wake in the middle of the night smelling smoke.....
It was my hair.
The fire continued to burn for 2 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment